The R350 Social Relief of Distress grant (SRD) is still available and will close in March. Online submissions are the best way to submit an application for SRD grants.
South Africa’s government created a new Sassa grant to address Covid-19’s economic impact. It is the Social Relief of Distress grant (also known as the R350 grant).
Before applying, applicants must ensure they meet the eligibility criteria.
- South African citizens/permanent residents/refugees/asylum seekers/holders of special permits
- You have no other source of income or financial support.
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
- You will not be eligible for any other social grants, UIFs or NSFAS.
How To Apply For R350 Grant 2022 Online
- Visit the SRD website
- Scroll down to “How can I apply for the SRD Grant?” and click on the yellow bar
- Enter your mobile number
- Click “send SMS”
- Enter the one-time pin Sassa sent to your number.
- Complete the required steps to continue the application process.
You can also submit R350 grant requests via the WhatsApp line
- Add this contact to your list: 082 046 8553
- This number can be reached by Whatsapp.
- In your Whatsapp message, include your surname, name, and ID number.
- The message will outline the next steps and will be sent to you.
Each applicant will need to sign a consent and declaration form. SASSA will work with other institutions to verify the details submitted by applicants.
Only one application is required for each channel. Sassa can only process one applicant’s application. SASSA will contact successful applicants once the applications have been processed.
Checking the Website After Every 3 Months
Low-income South Africans receive social security through the R350 stipend. Despite its small amount, the gift will help 10 million South Africans. This award requires a valid ID and bank account. If you don’t have a bank account, you must authenticate your identification on SASSA. You won’t need to reapply after approval.
- The Social Relief of Distress Grant requires a three-month stay in South Africa.
- South African citizenship was required for three months.
- The grantee must also present ID.
- South African bank and credit cards are required.
Re-Applying For Grant After Previous Cycle
You can reapply for the R350 Social Relief of Distress Grant. The award has around nine million applicants.
Many candidates have been approved before.
The State of Disaster ends April 20, 2022. After that, the grant will change laws. Mid-June 2022 is the srd R350 grant payment date.